Do you have an area in your yard that seems to be infested with weeds and bushes? Why not use this upcoming Victoria Day long weekend to fix it up for the summer? Perhaps it’s time to get rid of the unsightly spot and start anew with a clean new lawn.
Here are our easy steps for a quick yard makeover:
- Cut and dig out all the weeds, brush, and bushes that are no longer welcome visitors in your yard.
- Spray the area with brush and weed killer to ensure that the unwanted plants do not return
- Prepare the soil for your lawn – not sure what kind of soil to use in your yard? See our guide on choosing the right soil type for your outdoor space.
- Choose the right grass type for your soil and your location.
- Spread grass seed or sod over the newly planted grass. Note: if budget is a concern for you then you may opt for seeding your lawn. Another thing to consider is the time of the year you choose to seed or sod, take a look at our recommended dates and times for cool and warm season grasses:
- Early spring – a good time to seed cool-season grasses
- Late spring – a good time to seed warm-season grasses
- Mid summer – a good time to sod warm and cool season grasses
- Late summer – seed cool season grasses
- Late fall – sod cool season grasses
- Maintain your lawn, mow it regularly and frequently, get rid of weed as soon as they pop up, fertilize and water your lawn as needed.
If you’re like our help in maintaining your beautiful your new lawn (or getting it to look beautiful), don’t hesitate to give us a call at 416-925-2336 or send us a request by clicking the button below.